Robert C. Hubbard
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurer Bad Faith
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division
Robert C. Hubbard is a civil litigation and appellate attorney whose practice focuses on Insurance Coverage, Unfair Insurance Practices, and Insurer Bad Faith. He has extensive experience representing policyholders in first and third-party coverage and bad faith disputes involving commercial general liability, directors and officers' liability, professional liability, cybercrime, as well as other personal and commercial lines policies. He also has extensive experience litigating matters involving catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death, products liability, construction defect, and professional malpractice.
Robert frequently serves as personal counsel for individual and commercial policyholders facing potential excess exposure due to the actions of their liability insurers or insurance brokers. He also serves as co-counsel in complex cases and provides trial support and other assistance, including strategies for maximizing insurance coverage and potential appellate issues.
Originally from Asheville, North Carolina, Robert graduated from Furman University with a Bachelor of Arts and received his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Stetson University College of Law, where he was a member of the Stetson Law Review. Prior to joining the Vaka Law Group, he was a partner at a statewide defense firm where he represented individuals, businesses, and insurers in complex matters involving catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death, construction defect, products liability, professional liability, as well as insurance coverage and bad faith claims.
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida
- J.D. - 2012
- Honors: cum laude
- Furman University, Greenville, South Carolina
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2008
- Major: Political Science
- Cole, Scott & Kissane, P.A., Partner, 2016 to 2019
- Cole, Scott & Kissane, P.A., Associate Attorney, 2012 to 2016
- Magistrate Judge Thomas Wilson at the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Judicial Intern
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida